Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Welcome!





Thanks for checking out 

KervinKaffee

I'm a home roaster / hobbyist coffee roaster in North East Georgia.

All the coffee I roast is 100% Arabica (coffea arabica).  
Most is Organic and/or Fair Trade. 

 I usually create blends of different varietals to mix the complex tastes of various coffees.
I package the beans as I roast them, and I do drink the coffee I roast.


Coffee is truly a miraculous gift from God.  There is a fascinating process to go from raw, green beans..


...to the palate-pleasing, nose-titillating, delectable drink that is one of the top commodities in the world.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.  For several decades, we've gotten used to mediocre (if not truly bad) coffee.  Considering how much this beverage is a part of the American lifestyle, it's a shame that so many people are spending so much to get so little.
Micro-roasting and home-roasting are changing the face of coffee consumption.  
As a hobbyist, I don't roast 50 pounds a day, or anywhere near that.  But I do roast about every week, and anyone who's had fresh-roasted (REAL) coffee can tell you there is no comparison to whatever that stuff is you've been buying.  

If you're drinking KervinKaffee coffee, rest assured that you're drinking some of the freshest roasted coffee available (unless you do it yourself).

That freshness is a difference you can taste!

I'd like to use this blog, not only to market KervinKaffee, but to educate people on the history, harvest, rearing, and roasting of coffee.  We'll talk about light vs. dark roasts, caffeine, the pedigree of the beans, and several all-out trivial facts.

In the meantime, feel free to send me an email:

Kervinkaffee@gmail.com

(photo credits to wikipedia and google images)

No comments:

Post a Comment